October 20, 2014
1. Eating poorly and being like, “OK TIME TO Animorph into Sexy Skinny” is not effective. Not only will the weight come right back and you’ll be messing with your metabolism forever, but you know you are going to get drunk and eat eight slices of pizza with the world on them.
2. Wear Whatever.
There’s no such being as being “too old” or “too big” for an outfit. Fuck that. You are a baby, even if you weren’t, you can wear V-neck dress until you die.
3. Only you notice your giant pores/ split ends/uneven skin tone.
Do not spend zillions of dollars and energy trying to fix tiny flaws that drive you nuts. Nobody else notices that tiny cluster of zits spent $500 trying to fix.
4. Pick a workout that enjoy your, not one that’s most effective and guarantees summer abs.
Rather than sticking to an intense and horrible workout program for about five days and then slipping, just go to yoga twice a week or whenever you can. You’ll get toned, but more importantly, it is good for your sooooul.
5. If a (good) guy’s with you, he loves your body just the way it is.
Here is what men think is attractive vs. women think is attractive. And if you do want to change your body, do it for yourself, not for a guy.
6. Comparing your body to friends’ won’t get you anywhere.
Even your friends with the most amazing body hates something about herself. We all just need to own it! And sitting with jealousy about another woman’s delts won’t make your delts firmir. ( Or thinner. Or whatever it is delts are supposed to look like.
7. Find the skin makeup that works for you–just because a friend loves hers doesn’t mean it’s the right kind.
BB cream, lauded by all of my friends as fantastic, made me break out.
8. Stop worrying about being tan.
It might look great now, but in few years,you’ll have scary potentially cancerous freckles and freak out evert summer when you see them. Don’t become cancer-prone leather just for temporary hotness.